Wedding and Receptions
We invite you to consider Geisler Farms for your outdoor farm wedding and reception. Our Red Shed sometimes referred to as the red barn, offers nearly 7,000 square feet of indoor hosting space.
Geisler Farms is conveniently located on a paved road, 3.5 miles east of Ankeny (the same street as First Street) and just 14 miles northeast of downtown Des Moines. The farm is a short drive from several hotels in Ankeny and Altoona.
Available April through August
The Red Shed is available for reservations April through August. We host the public at our corn maze in September and October and then sell Christmas trees in November and December. We do not reserve private weekend events from September through March. The Red Shed offers seating for up to 300 guests depending on which reception package you choose. We have six-foot-long rectangle tables and white Lifetime folding chairs, which are included in the fee. Each table can seat six people.
Three Event Options
The Red Shed offers three options to select from.
- The small event package for up to 150 guests is for the nearly 3,000-square-foot East Wing of the Red Shed.
- The medium package for more than 150 and up to 225 guests is for the nearly 4,000-square-foot West Wing of the Red Shed.
- The large event package for 225 to 300 guests is for the entire Red Shed.
You must reserve a reception in order to have a wedding ceremony at our farm.
Your Reservation is for Two Days
Geisler Farms reserves just one wedding reception per weekend. That means you may bring in decorations and beverages the day before your farm reception. You have access to the Red Shed from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. the day before your event. If you are having an on-farm wedding, you may have a rehearsal and rehearsal dinner at no extra charge.
You may select a licensed caterer. Food for the reception must be cooked off-site. A rehearsal meal is allowed as long as it is prepared off-site by a restaurant and/or licensed caterer. You are responsible for food, beverages, alcohol, table servers, table coverings, dinnerware, utensils, and any entertainment such as a D.J. The music entertainment must be finished by 11:00 p.m. At the conclusion of your wedding reception, you remove the extra food, gifts and decorations. Disposable items are placed in the provided trash cans, and we will take care of the cleanup.
Additional Farm Amenities
- The Red Shed includes radiant floor heat and air conditioning.
- The Red Shed interior features a neutral décor with tall ceilings, painted drywall, epoxy coated concrete floors and lights that dim.
- You will have access to our 7,000-square-foot outdoor patio with
picnic tables, bench seating and firepit.
- Enjoy our pergola and arbor for the wedding ceremony and the gazebo for family pictures.
- The Red Shed has ADA compliant restrooms and the patio is completely ADA accessible.
- There is a free, rocked parking lot between the street and the Red Shed.
- The kids may play on the playground, tire swing, hamster rolls and tube slides.
To check Red Shed availability, please select the Calendar button on this website. Then select Rentals in the category section. Please call 515-964-2640 for pricing and to schedule a farm visit.